Law Firm’s Areas of Practice
At Magee, Zeringue & Richardson, Attorneys at Law (Not a Partnership), we know we have done our job well if our clients return to us for the legal issues they face throughout their lives. As lawyers and mediators, we have the knowledge and resources to handle a wide range of cases. Read about all of areas of practice below. Be sure to call us to represent you.
Having a competent and efficient attorney to help you settle your loved one's estate or prepare for your own passing makes the process much easier.
After being involved in a serious accident, it is important you have an advocate by your side. A legal advocate can make sure that your rights are protected and that you get the compensation and benefits you deserve.
Our personal injury practice is broad. We handle a wide range of cases, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle and car accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- 18-wheeler, tractor-trailer and trucking accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Bicycle collisions
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving accidents
A serious car accident injury requires very specific medical attention. Our motor vehicle accident lawyers are familiar with both the medical and legal aspects of a claim. We understand that proving the extent of your injury is important to your claim and will investigate all details of your situation in order to develop an effective strategy for your claim.
We handle all types of car accident injuries, including:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Burn injuries
In addition to handling motor vehicle accidents, we also handle ATV accidents, pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents, drunk driving accidents, and texting-while-driving accidents.
We have a team of experienced criminal lawyers who are well-respected in the courtroom. When you are charged with a criminal offense, it is in your best interests to work with a lawyer. Without help from a defense lawyer, you may not know what is considered to be a fair deal and if your rights are fully protected. We work to get charges lowered (or dropped), if possible.
We represent individuals facing a number of charges, including:
- Traffic violations
- DUI/DWI/drunk driving
- White-collar crimes
- Embezzlement, fraud, money laundering
- Drug crimes
- Drug possession, drug trafficking, drug sale
- Impaired driving
- Theft and property crimes
- Domestic violence
We understand that dealing with legal changes that involve your family can be emotional. We will strive to make the process as seamless as possible, while protecting your rights. We have the skills to take on even the most complex divorce and family law cases. We handle matters involving:
- Spousal support
- Property division
- Dividing a business and complex property division
- Protecting assets in divorce
- Child custody
- Visitation, child support, and all matters pertaining to children
- Grandparents' rights
- Prenuptial/postnuptial agreements
As lawyers and mediators, we have the knowledge and resources to handle a wide range of cases, including:
- Administrative law: Administrative law addresses the procedures and decisions of an administrative body created by the government. Our attorneys are prepared to help you understand the administrative law associated with your situation and litigate any disputes.
- Business law and litigation: We have significant experience helping both create local businesses — including choosing which business entity best suits your needs — and litigating any business disputes that arise now or in the future.
- Construction law: We have extensive experience in litigating construction law cases, including cases involving construction contract disputes, zoning disputes, easements, covenants, building permits, and other issues involved in building a home or business.
- Contract law: We can draft contracts that will help you avoid litigation at a later date, review contracts to identify potential issues, or assist you in litigating a case if you find yourself in the midst of a contract dispute.
- Firearm trusts: Firearm trusts are designed to hold ownership of firearms and make it easier to transfer and identify that ownership. If you own weapons and are interested in creating a gun trust, we can help.
- Insurance disputes: We can help you negotiate and/or litigate disputes with your insurance company resulting from a property damage claim, fire, flood, or other natural disaster.
- Property law: We have experience in boundary disputes, petitory actions, possessory actions, and property litigation.
- Real estate: Whether you are creating a new Homeowners Association, need a residential/commercial lease drafted, or need an attorney for a simple closing, we can help you.